Icon Icon Icon Icon Icon Icon

Restaurant Insurance

Restaurant Insurance Information

You want every meal you service to be enjoyed. And for each step of the culinary process, from chopping and fire-roasting to be the moment your patrons leave with their appetites satisfied, you need the right protection. With coverages tailored to meet the needs of restaurants of all types, we can help keep your business and reputation as impressive as the food you serve. 

From family owned restaurants to the national franchise, we provide coverage for a variety of restaurant types including:

  • Bakeries
  • Company or franchise-owned restaurants (Franchise restaurants can be small or large such as Shipley's Do-Nuts to Buffalo Wild Wings)
  • Coffee shops
  • Deli's and sandwich shops
  • Family, casual or fine dining restaurants
  • Fast casual or quick-service restaurants (We have a special program for restaurants with delivery such as Dominos, Papa Johns and Jimmy Johns)
  • Ice cream and frozen yogurt shops
  • Independently owned or chain restaurants    
  • Pizzerias and pizza delivery restaurants

Restaurant owners have much to consider when designing their insurance portfolios. Here are just a few of the insurance options restaurateurs can pick from to help minimize their financial risk from lawsuits, failed equipment and property losses.  

  • Property insurance: Offers financial protection in the event that the restaurant’s property (either its building structure or contents) is ruined or damaged in an insurable event such as a fire or theft.
  • Spoilage coverage: Provides payment if power is lost or equipment malfunctions and the perishable food on hand spoils.
  • Employment practices liability: Protects against lawsuits for various employee complaints including discrimination, provided the treatment was not willful.
  • Equipment breakdown: Covers the cost of repair for equipment that has broken down including cookers, refrigerators and air conditioning units. It's worthwhile to note that if the breakdown occurs due to lack of proper maintenance, the claim may not be covered.
  • Workers compensation insurance: This pays for medical expenses and some lost wages should an employee be injured on the job.
  • Business interruption insurance (also known as business income insurance): Provides ongoing income in the event that your business is forced to shut down. Alternatively, it could pay for some of the expenses of temporary relocation of your restaurant.
  • Liquor liability insurance: This can help pay legal expenses and claims brought on by customers who may be injured by an individual who was drinking in your establishment.

Restaurants may also be able to secure all-in-one coverage, which is a comprehensive policy that is tailored to the many facets of risks that restaurant owners face.

Helpful Risk Management Resources:

G & H Financial Insurance
 represents some of the best insurance companies in the country, and we can provide the best insurance at a competitive price. Please call (281) 395-5497 to learn more about the policies we provide, or just click here to have an agent contact you.

© Copyright. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder.